The principles that guide our organization…
The vision and goal of the League of Women Voters is to empower citizens to shape better communities worldwide.
Locally, in pursuit of that shared vision, LWVCC:
- builds citizen participation in the democratic process.
- studies key community issues with an eye to action in the public interest.
- engages our community, through education and advocacy, to seek solutions to public policy issues.
We believe in:
- respect for individuals.
- the value of diversity.
- the empowerment of the grassroots, both within the league and in communities generally.
- act with trust, integrity and professionalism.
- take the initiative in seeking diversity in membership.
- operate in an open and effective manner to meet the needs of those we serve, both league members and the community at large.
- acknowledge our heritage as we seek our path to the future.